I had an abundance of zucchini recently and decided to attempt a zucchini bake. I started with a recipe found in The New Cookbook for Poor Poets (and Others) by Ann Rogers and then modified the heck out of it.
It’s basically a conglomeration of food that was in the fridge that were going to go bad. And it was amazingly delicious.
Zucchini Bake – A Sort of Recipe
- 5 or so chicken tenderloins, cooked and chopped
- Sliced zucchini (about 4 cups)
- Most of a red onion, chopped up
- A few cloves of garlic, diced
- A can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 2/3 cup almond meal or chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon of flour