I am on the quest for a perfect sweater. For myself. Hubby’s sweater will be underway soon (just need to finish the rest of the clogs…), and I’ve been thinking how I would like to have a sweater as well.
Sweater Component Wish List:
- Cardigans preferred, pullovers need not apply.
- Must be interesting to knit. No miles of garter stitch, stockinette, or ribbing.
- Cables are a plus.
- No long stretches of purl bumps on the right side (around cables are fine).
- I am an equal opportunity knitter when it comes to zippers or buttons.
- Worsted or DK weight yarn only (I have sweater quantities already on hand).
- Hoods: I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
- Must look good on a busty, plus size woman. (No curve hugging, cropped length, or other shenanigans.)
- I am no longer afraid of seaming, so both top down or bottom up is acceptable.
- Preferably in my library or available online. (Basically, once I find it, I don’t want to go hunting for the pattern.)
Current candidates (in no particular order):
- The (in)famous Central Park Hoodie
- Cassidy from ChicKnits
- Jackie from KnitSpot
- Dollar and a Half Cardigan
Thoughts? Any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated!