I have to giggle at the title because it’s funny in two ways. One, I bake on stones. Two, I’m stoned out of my mind* on cold meds right now. Anyway, whenever I get sick, the urge to bake sets in. I may feel miserable and crummy, but all I can think about are cookies. This happens nearly every time I get sick, so I’ve deemed it part of the cycle.
Here are the 10 steps to follow when you have a head cold:
- Dope yourself with the recommended dosage of your favorite OTC cold meds.
- Decide you really need cookies.
- Get distracted by something shiny for an hour or so.
- Think about cookies again.
- Get distracted again.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you finally think about cookies enough to go to the kitchen.
- Decide to make cookies and actually pull out the cookbook.
- Remember that you’re not eating sugar or honey.
- Decide making up your own cookie recipe while stoned on cold meds is a good idea.
- Succeed for once!
Without further ado…
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (I use this blue agave from Costco)
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together butter and agave nectar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla and mix well. Meanwhile, mix together baking powder and flours. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until a nice dough forms. Make into round or oblong shapes and bake 7 – 10 minutes (depending on your oven and bakeware).
Remember, oblong cookies are better if you like to dip them in milk!
*I did not exceed recommended dosage for cold meds. They just knock me loopy. Especially antihistamines. Good times…