So, it’s been a stressful week. How do I know this? A picture’s worth a thousand words, so here’s some of both.
I’ve been test crocheting a neat little project this week (so you only get partial photos). Monday, I completed the first of a pair. The color was doing this funky random thing that I sort of liked.
I thought, “Hey, this is cool. No pooling or weird striping.” I finished it Tuesday and started the second one.
Tuesday, they announced there would be no raises. For any reason. (This is the second time I’ve been (unofficially) promised a raise that didn’t happen. I would like to point out that I am paid nearly $2/hr less than the IT Help Desk guy, and I’m a Supervisor. Ok, rant over.)
Doing what I always do, I went to my yarn. I noticed that the color was coming out differently on the second one. It was doing this neat diagonal striping thing.
Being me and not thinking anything of it, I figured I had two different dye lots. No big deal, they’re just a test. So then, I put the two together for comparison of length.
Um, yeah. That’s a quarter inch difference. I don’t have different dye lots, I have a different gauge. I’m going to have to make three to get a matched pair.
I’m not stressed at all…
P.S. The yarn is Claudia Hand Paint fingering weight in “Bearded Iris”. The color is utter crap in the photos because I took it with my BlackBerry. I promise the real color is really, really pretty.