In an effort to combat pregnancy brain, I wanted to make myself a pretty wipe-off board that was easy to use. I came up with the idea for a “today’s goal” board, because somedays, one goal is enough. This project is seriously easy and fast. It took me longer to pick out the supplies than to actually put it together.
(P.S. It’s also magnetic!)
- 12″ x 12″ frame
- 12″ x 12″ metal sheet (optional if you don’t want it to be magnetic)
- 12″ x 12″ dry erase sheet
- Stickers or vinyl letters of your choice
- Remove all the glass and backing from the frame and set aside. You will not need the glass, do with it as you wish.
- Add your letters to the dry erase sheet and decorate to your liking. I used clear quilting rulers as a guide for my lettering. Remember, your frame has a lip on it, so be sure to measure how far in it will extend (in my case, it was 1/4″) and account for that in your letter placement.
- When you are done decorating the dry erase sheet, assemble your goal board in this order:
- Dry erase sheet
- Metal sheet
- Spacing or cardboard sheet (this should have come in the frame originally)
- Backing board
- Stand back and admire your work.
- My dry erase sheet was slightly larger than 12″ x 12″. I used a paper trimmer to trim off the excess 1/8″ from two sides to make it fit properly.
- Make sure your backing sheet (with the stand or hanger) is facing the correct way up in relation to your dry erase board before securing all the tabs.
- Go easy on the decoration. You still need room to write!