2011 is looking to be quite a busy year. There are four scheduled trips, several babies due (none of which are mine), and possibly some time for me…
I’m excited to be going to two yarn conventions this year! I get to join the Oregon Woodworker once again at his booth at Stitches West in February. I totally love working booths at a convention, it always turns out to be more fun than just going as a spectator. The great thing about selling swifts, is that we offer a winding service. You learn more about the yarn available for sale by winding it than wandering around that huge floor. (You also learn what yarn you should never, ever, ever purchase unless you just intend to sit on a shelf and look at it. Some of those $$$/skein yarns? The most awful things to wind EVER.)
Later in the year (July-ish), I shall join them once again a little closer to home. Sock Summit 2011 is in Portland and I’m so excited! Socks aren’t really my thing (I have Single Sock Syndrome badly. It’s no laughing matter.) So I’m happy to have a great excuse to go and peruse the yarns anyway. I’ll also get to visit several friends while up there, which makes this trip all the sweeter.
In between those two trips will be one to Louisiana and one to Petaluma. The first for a birth, the second for a wedding.
Babies, Babies, Everywhere!
Everyone seems to be pregnant/due to give birth this year. My best friend is pregnant with her first (SQUEE!!) and there is much knitting planned for that. Another friend is pregnant with number five (she’s a brave woman…). In between that is a friend whose beloved is pregnant with her first/his second and a lovely Plurky who is due with her third. (I’m wondering if any of these folks realize how fast I will have to knit/crochet/sew to get this all done? I think they should space their pregnancies out a bit…)
Resolutions? Heck, No!
Also, apparently this is the time to make resolutions. I know from experience that resolutions don’t work and just serve to make you feel bad/guilty/sad about yourself. Instead, I have a small list of things that I’d like to work on in the coming year. Not really goals or resolutions, just improvements to be worked towards. And here they are, in no particular order.
- Keep skating! Staying upright and having a good time. I may have to get some of those awesome flashing LEDs for my skates…
- Find the craft room. Somewhere, under the piles of things in that room is a beautiful space waiting to happen. I’m starting slow and working towards the eventual end of a clean, organized space. I have no idea how long this will take me, but I’m going to press on.
- Look fabulous, be healthy. I’m so excited to start the new year under 200lbs! That is a huge accomplishment already and one that can only get better. I just want to continue being healthy and active. The rest will fall into place.
- Remember to say no. I want to practice not over-committing myself. I have a tendency to volunteer for things/agree to things that I really don’t have time for/don’t want to do. This is the year of No.
- Can it up. I received a pressure canner and new canning accessory kit from my folks for Christmas (I have the best parents!). This year I get to broaden my canning with some vegetables! And we’re not talking pickles…
- Be open to new. I’m excited to see what this year brings. (Although if it’s another ear infection, I don’t want it!) I hope it includes posting actually yarn content on this so-called yarn blog. But I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I were you…
And that’s it. A short list of items to keep in mind this year. Between the traveling, the mountain of babies, and all the skating, it’s going to be a busy year! Here’s to 2011… Let’s hope it’s a good one!